My family and friends know me to be a stickler for affordable fashion. I believe that looking good doesn’t have to cost a fortune (or consume your entire salary…lol). So I’ll be sharing clothes and accessories that are ideal for budget conscious ladies like myself in this post. I refer to these items as ‘the great recyclables‘ because they are classic and versatile.
- Black maxi dress – this is the ultimate canvass to build any outfit off of. A black maxi dress has always been my go to item when I’m feeling too lazy to get dressed for work. Try it with all black clothing/accesories…with a pop of color…you can’t go wrong with a black maxi dress!!!
- Statement necklace – I consider bold necklaces a vava voom factor that takes a simple or the most boring of outfits to the next level.
- Fitted Blazer – this is my FAVORITE piece of clothing. A nicely fitted blazer can be paired with ANYTHING. Try it with a…tee shirt and jeans and it gives you that business casual look…midi dress and you look like a million bucks…need I say more!
- Shirt dress – this handy piece is my safety net…it is easy to dress up or down with a shirt dress. I usually pair it with slim-fitted pants…trench coats…or rock them with bold accessories/shoes.
- Long cardigan – I didn’t care for long cardigans until I tried them on for the first time around February. Considering how frequent this piece has saved me time while getting dressed for work, I should have bought them years back. Long cardigans are the go-to item for that classic business casual look.
Have fun trying out these pieces.
I’m a project manager by day and a fashionista/style enthusiast always. I have a diverse range of contradictory interests…fashion vs activism, ice cream cake vs spinach salad…but I love & proudly embrace them all.
For more style tips, click on the icons below to FOLLOW ME on social media!